Key Worker List
School is now closed to all pupils except children of key workers. We now have more information with regard to the educational provision for the children of Key Workers and vulnerable children.
The government has asked parents to keep their children at home, wherever possible, and asked schools to remain open only for those children who absolutely need to attend. If it is at all possible for children to be at home, then they should be.
The most recent scientific advice on how to further limit the spread of COVID-19 is clear. If children can stay safely at home with a parent who is not a Key Worker, they should, to limit the chance of the virus spreading.
The list of key workers is:
- Social workers, care workers, health and social care staff and those required to maintain the sector
- Teachers, specialist education professionals and nursery staff
- Staff essential to the operation of the justice system
- Staff involved in the management of the deceased
- Administrative staff in local government essential to the delivery of the COVID-19 response
- Staff delivering essential public services such as payment of benefits
- Staff involved in the distribution of food or other key goods
- Police and police support staff
- Fire and rescue staff and support staff
- Transport workers
- Utilities workers
- Probation staff
- IT staff necessary to support COVID-19 response
- Payment providers
- Waste disposal service presumably including refuse collection
In addition, other workers described include:
- Armed forces personnel
- MoD civilian staff and contractors
- National Crime Agency
- Border security
- National security staff
- Religions and charity staff
- Journalists and broadcasters
Parents working in these sectors may be asked to provide proof from their employer that they are eligible.
For all of our pupils for which now school is closed, we look forward to seeing you as soon as we are able to open again. We will be keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers in the coming weeks.
Stay safe and look after each other.