Signs and Symptoms
Symptoms of COVID 19
The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of:
- new continuous cough and/or
- high temperature and/or
- a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
Useful Signs and Symptoms Checklist
For most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild illness.
It is important that outside of school we all follow the government guidance around Covid-19, particularly the Stay at Home guidance below and do not bring your child into school.
If you do keep your child off school due to Covid-19 symptoms please ensure that you let us know this when you register your child’s absence.
As a school if your child is off school we will provide school work, so they can keep up their studies.
If your child presents Covid-19 symptoms in school, we will take your child to a safe area in school and contact you immediately to pick them up. Please make sure that your emergency contact details are up to date and correct.
If your child does develop symptoms, you can seek advice from NHS 111 at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/check-if-you-have-coronavirus-symptoms/or by phoning 111.
How to stop COVID-19 spreading
There are things you and your children can do to help reduce the risk of you and anyone you live with getting ill with COVID-19
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- wash your hands as soon as you get home
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards