St Nicholas Hub Information
From Monday 23rd March 2020, St Nicholas Catholic Primary School will be a Childcare Hub for Key Workers as defined by Liverpool City Council on the link below: (Also see key worker page on our website under Key Information).
Please check the criteria carefully to ensure that you qualify as a Key Worker. If you have an adult at home, even if you are a key worker, your child must stay at home.
If you qualify for a place in a hub, we will be open on Monday 23rd March from 9am to 4pm.
If you are planning to bring your child or children to us, please understand and be prepared for the following:
- When you arrive at school for the first time you will be required to complete a registration form which includes contact details, emergency contacts, medical info, allergies, dietary info, SEND needs etc. If your child currently attends St Nicholas’ you will not need to fill in any registration documentation.
- Your child needs to come in their own clothes with suitable coats to go outside.
- Children are not permitted to bring any electronic equipment or mobile phones.
- All children who attend will get a hot meal.
- Your child will be in a childcare environment, they will be playing games, doing craft activities, being outside etc. This is not an educational environment.
- Your child needs to follow and respond to the Hub's behaviour guidance; as it would be in the school they are currently enrolled in.
- Parents will be asked to wait in a designated collection area when dropping off and collecting from the Hub to ensure the health of the staff.
- Any child who is unwell will be isolated, supervised and sent home as quickly as possible.
- WE HAVE A SET NUMBER OF CHILDREN WE CAN ACCEPT ON A DAILY BASIS. IF WE ARE FULL YOU WILL BE DIRECTED TO THE NEAREST LOCAL HUB SCHOOL.
- We will be receiving an update from the Local Authority on a daily basis in response to local and national guidance. This will be updated on this page.
- There are 50 HUBS across the City, you can use the one which is best for you.
Below are links to national guidance and advice:
Closure of educational setting guidance for parents
You can follow Liverpool's response to the Coronvirus on:
Liverpool City Council website updates
Support for families who are entitled to free school meals
If you feel unwell you are encouraged to use the following NHS website rather than ringing 111 straight away
Please be aware that we will not accept any unacceptable behaviour from any Parents or Carers. This is a national crisis and we have been requested to respond to this; remember we are all in this together!